“The Creek Freedmen were former African slaves of the Creek Nation of Indians, one of the Five Civilized Tribes.
They were emancipated after the Civil War and by a new treaty signed in 1866 between the United States and the Creek Nation,
they were adopted as tribal citizens with full rights of Indians.
In 1979, the Muscogee (Creek) Nation decitizenized the Creek Freedmen descendants by reorganizing the Creek tribal government. The racist constitutional organizers found a way to disenfranchised its black slave descendants by a vote of a select group of people, which the Freedmen descendants believed was grossly illegal (and unjust).”
In honor of all my ancestors who lived and died dreaming of a nation governed by equality and justice.
- Title: Dream Big
- Size: 14×16 on stretched canvas
- Condition: New and in excellent condition. Directly from my studio.
- Artist: Original spray paint and acrylic painting by Maya Perez.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/creativeillusion1
- Care: Paintings will be sent a day or two following the payment.
All of my paintings are professionally packed with great care to ensure safe arrival.
Paintings are insured against any damage or loss.
The painting will be delivered directly from my studio.
If you have any questions, please ask. Customer satisfaction is our main goal. We speak English and Spanish.
To own it…